Early Indigo Children

This is the History Forum, including Real history, Alternative history, Imaginary history, and maybe even Future history.

Early Indigo Children

Postby Alkaid » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:21 pm

Indigo Children are not a new phenomenon, can't be, Indigo's must have been seeded all along through modern History.
I went through my school records, from Kindergarten to High School, a few things caught my eye and thoughts;
1) Record of disruptive behaviour
2) Record of high test scores.
3) Accusations of cheating from elementary school to University.

I was accused of cheating on the Stanford-Binet test in 1963, my score was 172, so I took the test again, alone, in the Principal's office, score was 183, a pretty good pass for an inner city elementary school, nobody said anything about cheating after that.

I must admit, at a prominent California University, in the '70's when I had not studied properly, I would position myself in proximity to the really nerdy guy who always had all the answers, and do the testing in tandem through telepathy, hey I was only 23 at the time, I just knew it worked, and could get me through a hard spot. I did get called into the Dean's office more than once with a cheating accusation, but nothing could be proven and I was awarded my degree ( after challenging the Physics course that I neglected to take and just took the final, no nerdy guy to help).
If I was now in elementary school in 2008, they would legally drug me to calm me down, and put me in a corner.

Any other early Indigo's out there?
Alkaid
Sprite
Sprite

Re: Early Indigo Children

Postby Sol » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:03 am

Alkaid wrote: Any other early Indigo's out there?

At a rough guess, most of the serious followers of the Halexandria website would simply have to be. :)

That is how that site was built I figure, as a message from one of the early ones to the rest, so they can gather. :D It was done subconsciously, because one of the signs of the "early indigo" is the ability to grasp such things innately, without them needing to have been explicitly taught.

'Course such people existed all through recorded history, and through the last couple of repressive millennia as well. Except now there's a lot more of them, because they get killed less often. Viva la Revolucion!
Sol
Maestro
Maestro

Postby persimon » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:57 pm

Hey, Alkaid,

It seems July is the month of echoes. At least your post is the second echo from the forums I got today.

Exactly these days(!) I was trying to separate wishful thinking and self-deception from the real things; I recalled that I did not exactly study very well at school while I was getting high grades. I did demonstrate talent and memory in the elementary school, but in the middle and high school, I could not focus enough and remember the contents of class assignments in history, physics, or even my beloved literature. I did like some separate subjects in every discipline, but I am not sure I had always to report on those subjects.

When asked to report about some assignment, especially in history, I would mumble something not very coherent, and would go back with an A and teacher's praises. My cheating was to myself by not admitting at that time that I actually did not know anything. Exceptions were mathematics in which I did not get anything else but A, electricity in physics, and poetry. How did I manage to pull the leg of every teacher, except for that of mathematics? Well, my 'summa cum laude' certificate is still an enigma to me.

I am not sure the above qualifies me as indigo although it is my favorite color. Maybe if I remember my experiences in the next incarnation, it will. I am trying to remember by pulling all my optimism and good faith.

Alkaid - is this Alchemy, Al-Qaida, alkaloid, or alk-aid (the latter in my native tongue sounds like "Elk-Jew")? Sorry for inquiry - thank you for echo.

-persimon
persimon
Sprite
Sprite

Postby Alkaid » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:01 pm

Persimon;
Thanks for your reply, Alkaid is the last star in the handle of the big dipper. After I posted, I remembered an incident that almost got me thrown out of University, it seems my Nerdy Friend and I were the only ones to get a perfect score on a very tough and lengthy exam out of a class of over 200. I agree that most on the forum must be alike in many ways.
Alkaid
Sprite
Sprite

Postby DocPtah » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:32 pm

I must admit to being somewhat encouraged by this discussion. When I first encountered the idea of Indigo Children, I found myself to be just slightly jealous. I liked the idea of being an Indigo... even if I was far too ancient to qualify for the title.

But in reading Alkaid's comments, it occurs to me that a few of my early characteristics could indicate, at least... something! For example, my classmates always considered me to be the 'resident rebel' (in a time and place where rebels with or without a cause were in rather short supply). I didn't so much as get into a lot of trouble, as managing to simply slip past the grade censors and forge merrily ahead.

And of course... nowadays it's ALL about doing whatever, whenever, and with whomever. I'm still the rebel, I suppose, but these days I tend to take on the bullies (aka the PTB) in a totally different fashion. I can raise hell for all manner of relatively minor details -- except, of course, others are reminded that not every victim of the bullies is going to simply lay down and play dead. A friend called my modus operandi: "harmony through conflict". There is indeed a certain entertainment in such activities, but I'm beginning to suspect that it's time to change my leopard spots to a deep, glossy finish of indigo. Or at the very least, I could buy myself an Indigo cape -- complete with hood and alchemical symbolism. A cape I can always hang in the closet on days when I forage into the land of the PTB.

Meanwhile, I will be adding a link to this thread from the main website. Stay tuned.

DocPtah
DocPtah
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

Postby keemba » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:06 pm

I am very curious to know more about Indigo Children. I have a friend that talked about this several years ago but only briefly.

Please educate or provide me with direction towards material or websites that will have accurate or credible information about this.

Thanks yall

P.S. I'm not really southern but I like saying yall anyway. :D
keemba
Sprite
Sprite

Postby DocPtah » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:48 pm

Do you know the difference between a Northern gal and a Southern gal? The Northern gal says, "You may". The Southern gal says, "You-all may."

As for Indigo sites... some of the stuff just talked about in this thread is really good. I also like my webpage on Indigo Children. It also lists some other sites.

DocPtah
DocPtah
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

Postby Sol » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:08 pm

DocPtah wrote:my classmates always considered me to be the 'resident rebel'

Man, I would expect you were at the minimum the resident rebel, if not the local leader of the intergalactic jihad, hehe.

Well, on my part I can attest that being the resident rebel definitely got me beat up more often than others. On the other hand, I also learned how to avoid getting beat up at a much earlier age. :)

Anyways, some interesting followups here, and a link from your web-page will hopefully get many more interested people to join in too. However, from what I heard the newest New Age title for these chlidren is now no longer "Indigo" but "Golden Thread". You have to get with the latest program. 8)

I myself have been hearing about the Indigo Children since the early eghties, but understood what this really means only after I had my own children. Nowadays I believe that in the eyes of the parents, each single child is that "Very Special Indigo Child" with the "special abilities". At least I feel that each parent *should* view each of their children that way, and if they don't - too bad for the kids. :(

Otherwise, the "indigo children" hype had always seemed to me very simply explainable. OF COURSE parents since the eighties thought they had these extra-special children, because these kids were born handling technology that the parents still hadn't understood!

In the same way that I knew how to work a stereo system at age twelve much better than my father at age 35 - so my son at age 6, without knowing a word of English, knew right away more about a computer game I was playing than I did after pouring over the instructions for days. Such behavior is surely a miracle for the parents who see it, but not really so much for children who had a remote-control in their hands since day one.

Nonetheless, I do believe that even among this new mass of "very special children", there are those who are still "more special", possessing abilities that may seem magical to others, like telepathy or "total empathy". Each parent who has a child like that should guard them carefully and not tell anyone about this. Such is still the advice, as it has been for untold millennia.

People are still not ready to see such things, and a young person possessing such abilities will be a freak who at the most would be "studied" - whereas what a chlild needs most is parental love. I think that people who show off their children's "special abilities" are seeking personal companionship and possibly personal fame, more than the good of the child. But I could well be wrong about that.

Specifially about the color Indigo though - that is actually the color Purple (or "poiple" if you're from Joisy...), which has traditionally been the color of deep meditation and understanding. In "Alchemical" iconography of the late Middle Ages, purple skies also came to signify Enlightenment, as nothing less than the fabled "bond-heaven-earth", the Sumerian Dur.an.ki. It really means a lot. But "indigo" is possibly a nicer word, carrying with it the romance of swashbuckling Spaniards on distant shores. :) I just hope we treat the natives more kindly, hehe. I've always liked this name, "indigo chlidren".

Like I say, I do feel that there are the *really* very special children out there today amongst the "regular" special mass, children of the type that the Halexandria page is talking about. The good news is that from what I hear, some of them feel that they are in telepathic contact with each other, and are just waiting for some kind of a "sign" to get their "mutual network" fully operational.

There is little doubt that they can go much further in this than their parents ever could, so all we can do is provide the right background setting within which such a "mind-network" can operate. And something of that sort I think we are doing right here, so we're okay. :D

Best wishes,
Sol
Sol
Maestro
Maestro

Postby DocPtah » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:47 pm

Sol wrote (at length):
Like I say, I do feel that there are the *really* very special children out there today amongst the "regular" special mass, children of the type that the Halexandria page is talking about. The good news is that from what I hear, some of them feel that they are in telepathic contact with each other, and are just waiting for some kind of a "sign" to get their "mutual network" fully operational.

There is little doubt that they can go much further in this than their parents ever could, so all we can do is provide the right background setting within which such a "mind-network" can operate. And something of that sort I think we are doing right here, so we're okay. :D

In reading this, I kept waiting for the reference to The 4400. Wot happened? Maybe a quick reference to The Last Mimzy?

Sol, old buddy, maybe you've been out of the loop too long! :mrgreen:

Doc Ptah
DocPtah
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord

Postby Sol » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:25 pm

DocPtah wrote:I kept waiting for the reference to The 4400 [or at least] The Last Mimzy

Well, I don't want to hog the forums, if I said everything what would others talk about. :) Plus mentioning the Mimzy may *really* get Brian going, seeing as he's been practically living by that film since it came out, hehe.

The two shows you mention definitely have a few interesting aspects that I do hope we can discuss on other threads here - such as the possible "enhancement" of existing "abilities" as presented there, or the "visitors from the future" angle. That doesn't really relate to today's "Indigo Children" of the world, who we assume are being born that way due to this Special Age.

But specifically as it relates to what I said above about the Children - both "The 4400" and "The Last Mimzy" demonstrate real well the many ugly things that can happen once anybody "official" finds out about your "special children". There were many films with simliar warnings in the past - such as the amazing "Flight of the Navigator" (1986), which of course itself was an offshoot of the immensely popular "ET - the Extraterrestrial" ) (1982). A very clear message comes through all of them - the less people know about your child's "special abilities" (or "special friends"...), the safer he is.

I think it's a given that children with such special abilities have been getting born since life began on our planet. This is exactly what Evolutionary Theory teaches as well - that eventually "flukes" with a more developed neural system, or a larger brain, or a better body - get born in the vast mass, and the appearance of such a "mutant" can lead to vast changes in everybody else.

The success of a "viable mutation" depends on being able to survive and multiply, passing its mutated genes to the next generation and nurturing them in such a way that they can flourish and spread around. As the theory says, circumstances cause most mutations to perish before they can successfully bring this about. Not least because the non-mutated organisms are usually highly resistant to change. This is the part where I think that parents can help their own special children, by keeping them protected and coddled with a lot of love, until their special abilities are no longer likely to threaten their well-being.

But now one other thing about the color Purple - that is actually the meaning the name of the ancient country of Phoenicia, who were originally famous for their purple dye, and also of the world "Phoenix", the purple bird. Today's Indigo Children can be symbolically represented by the Phoenix-bird who was resurrected from its own ashes - because unfortunately I see a big likelihood that our children will have to live in a world resurrected from the ashes of ours.

But that hasn't happened yet, so meawhile we can still have fun, don't worry. :)
Sol
Sol
Maestro
Maestro

Postby mag_w » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:16 am

I've been following this topic with great interest. Since I don't consider myself as an Indigo child myself, I am most certain I'm a parent of an Indigo child. My question to all of the Indigo children attracted to this forum is: How do I parent my Indigo child?

Other than typical parental bragging (early talker, problem solver, early walker, artist, poet, blah blah blah), she has shown exceptional talents such as reading my thoughts, an unusually deep understanding of others' feelings, an amazing sense of humor (she has understood double meanings since age three), relating a lot of daily life to not music in general, but music theory, and perfect pitch. I don't share this information, especially the perfect pitch, with many people for fear of being treated like a circus freak. She's bored in school because, in her words, "They teach me things I already know."

I get frustrated when her teachers (early elementary grades!) don't understand her humor and intellect in writing. Her understanding of the world and relationship with tempo/intervals/timbre pass up her teachers' level of intellect. Since they don't know what she's referring to, she gets red Xs or points taken off her amazing papers! I try to explain to her that she needs to communicate to her teachers exactly on their level, to stay in the teacher's "box" -- but I feel wrong by ordering her to limit herself so her teachers can understand her. She detests the concepts of 'showing her work' in math, because she already knows the answer. Writing spelling words several times each is beyond her level of tolerance because once she sees a word, she knows it -- I suspect a certain level of a photographic memory.

I know the question, "How do I parent my Indigo child?" is broad. Maybe my question should be, "As an adult Indigo child yourself, what do you wish your parents/teachers did differently to make your childhood easier?"

(This is my first post here, please be kind. I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts/comments, but I am no match for your great insights to actually contribute anything worthwhile! I'm still learning and searching for the truth.)
mag_w
Sprite
Sprite

Postby Talonea » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:31 pm

Hi Mag_w,

As an indigo child that's hit adult hood (really hard actually) your question is really good though I think the kids who came after me are more brilliant then me. :lol: First off, yes teach your daughter to conform to the teachers expectations. That's a game she's going to have to learn to play because the school systems simply are not adapting in any way to this generation of kids. Teach it to her as a game...where in she has to find out what the teacher expects and then surpass it...yes it's people pleasing but it's the only thing that got me through school.

Most teachers want to drug us and pigeon hole us into boxes that don't quite fit but, I know this sounds horrible, when the teachers of this nation consist of people who cannot and dare not go into more developed fields because of small 'minds' there really isn't much one can do. A lot of teachers don't possess the imagination to ignite the fires of learning in children that are already ahead of them mentally. Yes, you're daughter will be frustrated and want to give up because educators can only verify the intelligence but they really don't teach anything 'new' because that 'new' hasn't quite yet been developed yet. :twisted: Personally, I was diagnosed with Dyslexia and pretty much pushed to the side where I was acknowledged as being 'eccentric' and 'brilliant' while the teachers pointed to Einstein as an example of how some kids just don't fit into the educational system.

My advice is learn all that you can through websites like this and begin encouraging what makes her special including those wonderful musical talents. Get her into music programs that aren't connected to school. Most kids who are 'different' tend to disassociate themselves from the masses leading to isolation and depression. Keep her involved with other kids while encouraging her gifts because the odds are if she is involved in these types of projects she will connect to other kids who are similar to her and not feel quite as alone as she might otherwise.

Above all, encourage her and allow her to make her own decisions. I'm sure she's quite capable and will be able to tell her what she needs. If she's bored in school, find something outside of school to challenge her and ignite her passions so she doesn't stagnate.

Hope that helps even though it was a bit repetitive and I managed to jump on a soap box.

With much love,
Tal
Talonea
Accolyte
Accolyte

Postby Talonea » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:54 pm

Mag_w

I don't like posting twice because I don't like being a thread hog however I like good resources and I'm impressed by this website that I found when looking up the subject of 'golden thread' in the indigo phenomenon. I have no idea what that might mean :D. I didn't find a direct explanation of that term but I did find this website which really can go a long way to helping to understand indigos: http://www.namastecafe.com/evolution/in ... ildren.htm. What I've read so far actually rings true (and I have a strong bullshit meter in regards tot his subject).

Also, books that should catch the interest of most indigos that have worked so far with the people that I have known.

Enders Game- By Orson Scott Card

Speaks to the outsider in them caused by the feeling of being different. A truly amazing book on a lot of levels (though the sequels were very disappointing). This is a good read even for adults even though it's a young adult book.

Remember Me Series- Christopher Pike

Although a young adult book and published a while back it has a lot of levels to it and a lot of philosophy. Suffice to say the plot involves a Ghost who is trying to make sense of her life and murder. Not only that but the series continues on to her re-incarnation. You just don't see this level of spirituality in most books.

Harry Potter

Okay, I'm not even going to go into this one at all... I don't need to because the connection is obvious. Look at how insanely popular it is.

Also, Doc Ptah and Sol- the 4400 rocked my socks for the first season. Then it got bogged down by 'normal' plot developments and less on the specific psychological impact of a group of people who are 'different'. Another series that is very much in the same vein is Heroes although in that it's a natural evolution in humanity that causes the 'special abilities' though it too has been steeped in normal boring social plot lines. Even before then you had the X-men for us geeks who read comic books (Rogue being my favorite until the movies where they turned into something less then the others) also brought out the concept of an 'evolution' of humanity that had special powers. :lol: In the pop culture the change has been heralded for a while I'd say. 8)
Talonea
Accolyte
Accolyte

Postby Sol » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:16 am

mag_w wrote:How do I parent my Indigo child?

Hello "mag_w" and welcome to the forums,

I can add a little bit from personal experience to the insigthful answers you received above. Actually if you think about it, there have always been these extraordinarily "gifted children", who were born with exceptional abilities in some fields. Einstein and Edison were children too at one time - and in fact the story says that both were in heavy conflict with their teachers all through elementary school, with little Albert failing elementary arithmetic, and young Thomas' teacher even telling his mother that nothing will ever come of the stupid kid. (This may be an urban legend, but it certainly stands to reason.)

I've been lucky enough to've come in contact with some such specially gifted children, some of whom many years later went on to become world-renowned specialists in their fields. I have had wide disagreements in the past with people like my father, about how they should be treated. :)

He felt they should get very special treatment so their abilities could get properly nurtured and developed around people of their own kind - like special schools and tutoring. While I feel that they should be treated just like any other child, because separating them into a special group leads to Elitism, and these children can become "social cripples" of a sort, unaware of what's happening in the real world. But from what I've seen eventually, each way can be either good or bad - so it's not the special schools that do it.

Man, I wish there *were* some type of pat answer of what's the best way to treat a genius child! Generally it is true what Talonea says - that "Most kids who are 'different' tend to disassociate themselves from the masses leading to isolation and depression."
Thusly the best advice I've heard is that parents of such children should make the most extra effort in making them feel loved and wanted, so that their talents at least have a special place to grow at home. Time should be taken to explain *why* the teachers don't always understand them, and most importantly that it will NOT always be so, eventually you always find a teacher who does see the genius. It might not happen until later in life.

And they should also definitely be encouraged to develop friends who have the same interests, so that they can feel less like such freaks. There are, after all, these "special children" all over the place. So indeed I would also recommend trying to involve your daughter in various after-school programs that cater to kids with special intersts, where she's likely to encounter others like herself and start feeling less alone.

Developing a musical ability is very important as a mind-expanding tool, it helps to develop logical thinking, and can also be a portal to the deepest mystical reaches of the soul. So if your daughter has perfect pitch, you should probably get her a private music tutor. If a professional career is not sought, often a few lessons are enough so the person can continue learning by themselves - but maybe the teacher will feel that the talent is big enough so the kid *should* have a music career. Also, such a child should always be encouraged to expand their knowledge of all the Arts and Sciences - so make sure to take her to Art Museums, Science Fairs, and the Planetarium all the time, even if she's already been there (you see new things every time.)

But again, from what I've seen - the most important thing is to give such a child as much parental love as possible - because when one is totally solid at home, it's actually not that hard at all to be a "freak" at school.

Well, hope you manage to glean something out of all this. :) Best wishes and good luck!
Sol
Sol
Maestro
Maestro

Postby mag_w » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:37 pm

Talonea and Sol, thanks for your thoughtful responses via this discussion and private messages! For fear of turning this original discussion toward my family too much, I will respond privately.
mag_w
Sprite
Sprite

Next

Return to All History